Architecture on the Air
'Architecture on the Air' is a project for the 2012 Venice Architecture Biennale by The Architects on Triple R (Stuart Harrison, Simon Knott, Christine Phillips and Rory Hyde). Invited as part of the Formations: New Practices in Australian Architecture exhibit in the Australian pavilion, we chose to perform our radio show live throughout the first week of the Biennale. We constructed a mobile radio trolley, complete with mics, headsets, mixing desk, transmitter and aerial - all running off-the-grid on a car battery - allowing us to broadcast on a local FM frequency with a range that covered most of the giardini in Venice.
* 'Architecture on the Air' at roryhyde.com/blog
* Listen to our interview with Monocle Radio (mp3, starts at 31.00)
* Mentioned by Robert Bevan in The Australian
* Check out our new website - radioarchitects.org
* Listen to our live broadcast from Venice on Triple R.