Mobile case for exhibition visitors with a Tour Operator software. The goal was, to close some of the function of the mobile, to assist the application created by:
Design in Rhinoceros and manufacturing on MakerBot Replicator 2 Desktop 3D Printer.
The design process:
The mobile model is: Prestigio GRACE X3
Fused filament 3D printers are extremely powerful prototyping and manufacturing tools that require special knowledge about how they work in order to create optimized parts with them.
- sleek ergonomic shape that is comfortable and easy to grip
- used engineering tolerances: 0,3mm
- designing with minimal overhangs and supports
- Stainless screw assembly - closed case for the visitors at the museum, but allows to be installed or removed in seconds in case of repair.
- strong and extremely lightweight
- create space for oversize headphone port or USB port
- to support the tour operator software functions: limited camera use, no switch of, menu buttons hidden.
3D print with 0,1mm layerhight, 20% infil, black PLA