Dunja Jankovic is an artist whose interdisciplinary work includes intuitive collaging, immersive installations, comics as an abstract narration, music and video. She had graduated on the Academy of Fine Arts in Zagreb (Croatia) and the School of Visual Arts in New York.
She had exhibited worldwide and her works have been published in numerous magazines in USA, France, Spain, Italy, Portugal, Sweden, Mexico, Slovenia, Serbia, Croatia... Two of her comics albums, Habitat and Department of Art, published in US by Sparkplug books, have been nominated for the Ignatz awards.
She is a founder and organizer of experimental art project ŠKVER on the island of Lošinj in Croatia, and a co-organizer of the festival of experimental comics and narrative arts, THE PROJECTS in Portland, Oregon (theprojectspdx.tumblr.com).
She had taught experimental practice in comics at the Independent Publishing Resource Center in Portland, Oregon.
Since 2014 she has been living on her home island of Lošinj where she runs a screenprint studio and a gallery in an abandoned sardine factory.
• Greta Gallery, Zagreb, Croatia, 2015
• GaleRica gallery, Makarska, Croatia, 2014
• Center for cultural decontamination, Belgrade, Serbia, 2013
• White Gallery, PSU, Portland, OR, 2013
• Croatie, La voici, exhibition of comics arts from Croatia, La Rotonde, Paris, France, 2012
• Gallery Klovic (collaboration with Dalibor Baric), Rijeka, Croatia, 2011
• Floating World Comics Gallery, Portland, OR, 2011
• MK Gallery, PSU, Portland, OR, 2011
• Gallery Knezev dvor, Rab, Croatia, 2009.
• Losinj Museum, Palaca Fritzy, Mali Losinj, Croatia, 2009.
• Biennale of independent illustration, Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2013
• MUU street art festival, Zagreb, Croatia, 2013
• Multimadeira residency, Madeira, Portugal, 2013
• Bienalle of Illustration, Klovicevi dvori, Zagreb, Croatia, 2008
• Kush! magazine exhibition in co-operation with the Latvian Centre for Contemporary Art, Riga, Latvia, 2009
• BJCEM, Biennale of Young Artists from Europe and the Mediterranean, Fall, Skopje, Macedonia, 2009
• NOVO DOBA, international festival of nonaligned comics, Belgrade, Serbia, 2010-2014
• Exhibition 100 pour 100 in a Museum of Comics, Angouleme, France, 2010
• CRACK festival of independent comics, Rome, Italy, 2011-2013
• Püss Füst exhibition, Baltimor, USA, 2013
• Ink Plots exhibition, Visual Arts Gallery, New York City, 2010
• Dreamcatcher, Disjecta Art Space, Portland, OR, 2009
• On the Margins: New Comics from Croatia and Serbia, in Floating World Comics Gallery, Portland, OR. October 2008
• SVA Final Exhibition, Visual Arts Gallery, New York City, 2007 and 2008.
• “Črna mati zemla” book cover illustrations, Kristijana Novaka za Algoritam, 2013
• Comics published in the anthology of Balkan Female Comics, 2011
• Illustrations and cover design for the book «How much for lb», Marijana Ogresta, Algoritam, 2007
• Illustrations and cover design for the book «To make the dog laugh», Olja Savicevic, AGM, 2006
• Illustrations and comic strips for the magazine «Morsko Prase», 2005
• Illustrations for the book «Calendar» by Zoran Lazic, published by AGM, 2004
• Femicomix, contemporary female comics exhibition, 2015
• Comic strips published in the magazine «Stripburger», Ljubljana, Slovenia, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2009
• NOVO DOBA festival antologies, 2010-2014
• A comic album “Agonija” published by Fabrika Knjiga, Belgrade, 2007
• Nat. Brut Issue Five, 2015
• CARRIER PIGEON illustration / fine art anthology, 2014
• Suspect device comics anthology, 2012, 2013
• Astral Talks comics anthology, 2011
• Illustrations for the book DIY magic, 2011
• Emergence comics anthology, 2011
• Gazeta comics anthology, 2010
• Diamond Comics anthology, 2009
• comic albums Department of Art and Habitat, published by Sparkplug Comic Books, 2009, 2010
• L magazine, New York, 2008
• Time Out New York magazines, 2008-2010
• Rabid Rabitt, New York, 2007, 2008
• C'est Bon comics anthology, 2012
• Kovra comics edition, 2012
• Poppers magazine, 2014, 2015
• a comic published in an Latvian Comic magazine KUS!, 2010, 2014
• Comics published in BLACK issue, Coconino press, 2011
• Comics/ collage art album Circles Cycles Circuits published by Kolekcija Vera Suchankova, 2011
ORGANIZATION/ PROJECTS/ TEACHING:
• Art festival SKVER!, founder and leading organizer, Mali Losinj, Croatia, 2010 - 2015
• One of the founders and main organizers of THE PROJECTS, international festival of experimental comics and narrative arts, Portland, OR, USA, 2012
• A member of the jury for the festival of animation Animafest, Zagreb, 2011
• Experimental comics program lecturer at the IPRC institution, Portland, OR, 2011, 2012
• A member of a jury for the Museum of Street Art in Zagreb, 2010